Thursday, June 23, 2005

[EP example for Bob]

that the body of light come forth / from the body of fire / And that your eyes come to the surface / from the deep wherein they were sunken, / Reina...

That the tone change from elegy / "Et Jehanne" / A lost kind of experience? / scarcely, / O Queen Cytherea, / che 'l terzo ciel movete.

Canto XCI, pp. 610, 617 (1983 printing)

[Whaz my valuable prize? I take back the "whoreson knave" bit; turns out I've been misspelling Britney (ONE "T") Spears on a weekly basis.]


E. M. Selinger said...

Dang, that's purty! (Pound, not Spears.)

An example of what?

E. M. Selinger said...

Never mind. Just scrolled through Bob's blog, reading a little more closely, and found the contest.

Would that I had seen it sooner!


Archambeau said...

Dude. That. Was. Awesome. Okay, email me your mailing address and I'll get one of the rare early misprints of Anselm Hollo's Samizdat Editions anti-laureate chapbook, "So the Ants Finally Made it to the Catfood" to you ASAP.

Details on the chapbook and its genesis in the antilaureate competition available at: Codrescu's mag.