Saturday, May 15, 2010

the Bill Laswell diet

Above, the bassist-producer-all round badass Bill Laswell, photographed probably five-six years ago. (Think Bob Archambeau with an electric bass, a cool hat, & long hair.) Now I, as someone professionally & personally interested in the fashion choices of men of a certain size with clear balding-related issues, have found Bill Laswell a fashion icon for some time now. Imagine my surprise, however, when I happened upon this rather more recent photo:

My goodness. Was it Weight Watchers, the Atkins Diet, or some personal regimen of lettuce and laxatives?

Turns out to be nothing quite so volitional. Think a bout of spinal meningitis. Oof. Don't try this at home, kids; me, I think I'd settle for my own rather zaftig corporal presentation for the nonce.

1 comment:

Dave said...

yeah...but in all fairness, Bill was slimming down before he got sick. And he looksreally healthy now. And the hat? I've only seen one pic circa 1987 without a hat (and he did have hair), but since the late 70's on it seems that he's always worn a hat of some kind. Just his thing...