Saturday, May 15, 2010

the Bill Laswell diet

Above, the bassist-producer-all round badass Bill Laswell, photographed probably five-six years ago. (Think Bob Archambeau with an electric bass, a cool hat, & long hair.) Now I, as someone professionally & personally interested in the fashion choices of men of a certain size with clear balding-related issues, have found Bill Laswell a fashion icon for some time now. Imagine my surprise, however, when I happened upon this rather more recent photo:

My goodness. Was it Weight Watchers, the Atkins Diet, or some personal regimen of lettuce and laxatives?

Turns out to be nothing quite so volitional. Think a bout of spinal meningitis. Oof. Don't try this at home, kids; me, I think I'd settle for my own rather zaftig corporal presentation for the nonce.

1 comment:

Silent Watcher said...

yeah...but in all fairness, Bill was slimming down before he got sick. And he looksreally healthy now. And the hat? I've only seen one pic circa 1987 without a hat (and he did have hair), but since the late 70's on it seems that he's always worn a hat of some kind. Just his thing...