Saturday, September 15, 2007

1st Review!

So I learn, from Bob Archambeau, Charles Bernstein, & various others in far-flung places, that The Poem of a Life: A Biography of Louis Zukofsky, has gotten its first review – by Marjorie Perloff in the 7 September TLS. Well, I'm chuffed, even tho I haven't seen the thing yet, having gooberishly let my subscription lapse.

An appeal then: any of you out there who get the TLS & wouldn't mind passing the issue – or the clipped review therefrom – along to me when you're done? [There are at least 6 nail parlors & 4 posh gyms within a five-mile radius of Culture Industry central, but I've phoned every bookshop & newstand in the book, & nobody carries the damned thing.]

1 comment:

Archambeau said...

Aw, crap! I've unintentionally ditched my copy, having mixed it up with the Sunday NY Times and recycled it. But think of it this way: Perloff's review will live on as one of those insulating cardboard cylinders they put around the cups at Starbucks.